Layman's Rag

My journal regarding the Bible & other spiritual matters.

Name:
Location: Louisville, KY, United States

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Jeremiah: Powerful Verses

16:17--My eyes are on all their ways; they are not hidden from me, nor is is their sin concealed from my eyes.

16:19-21--O LORD, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in time of distress, to you the nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Our fathers possessed nothing but false gods, worthless idols that did them no good. Do men make their own gods? Yes, but they are not gods!" Therefore I will teach them--this time I will teach them my power and might. Then they will know that my name is the LORD.

17:5--This is what the LORD says: "Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart turns away from the LORD."

17:9--The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward a man according to his conduct, according to what his deeds deserve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home